Farm Fresh Organic Vegetable Delivery
✔ No Pesticides ✔ No Herbicides
When you join a Farm Share, you are getting to know your farmer and where your food comes from.
Sign up for 2021 CSA Share Membership Today to take advantage of our Early Bird Discount. Our Harvest Box deliveries start mid June-October for 16 weeks.
What is CSA? CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. When you join our CSA, you’re signing on at the beginning of growing season and in return for your investment, you get a share of the crops each week for 16 weeks. You can request local delivery for a fee (Delivered Wednesday) or visit us at the farm and pick up for free (Wednesday and Saturday). We have limited number of CSA Farm Share spots available so get in touch today and sign up for your share.
How does it work?
We harvest our organic produce from Approximately June to mid-October (16 weeks). Each week, you will receive a variety of freshly picked vegetables from our family farm where we use organic practices to grow our crop. You pay a one time fee for the season, and you are set to receive a weekly box containing 8-12 seasonal selection of vegetables (feeds about 2-4 people). Contents of each box will vary depending on what’s in season at the time of picking. See below for Delivery options.
What’s In the Box?
The box contains 8-12 seasonal selection of vegetables. These are some of the vegetables in season you may receive in your box in these months.
- July – tomatoes, radishes, salad mix, carrots, beets, zucchini, green onions, cilantro, romaine, cucumbers, kale, arugula, garlic, mint
- August – tomatoes, radishes, salad mix, carrots, beets, summer squash, basil, carrots, beans, green onions, cucumbers, lettuce, peppers, cherry tomatoes, swiss chard
- September – tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, basil, turnips, salad mix, carrots, spinach, beets, kale
- October – salad mix, lettuce, spinach, carrots, beets, leeks, brussel sprouts, kale, turnips
The cost of our 2021 CSA farm share is $480 which lasts 16 weeks. It works out to $30/box. We require a full payment or $100 non-refundable deposit and the remaining balance due in 30 days. For Local Delivery (Guelph, Rockwood, Fergus, Erin, Hillsburgh and surrounding areas) add $80 for the season. We deliver to some extended areas for extra fee. Please inquire about your delivery zone price. Pick ups are free.
Take Advantage of Our Early Bird Special & Referral Program!
Early bird special – get 10% off membership (not including delivery fee). Paid in full by March 31st.
Refer a Friend – $50 worth of farm products (You will be able to choose from some of the following. Chickens, syrup, spirit tree cider, giddy yo yo chocolate, extra veggies) When a friend you refer to us purchases a 2021 membership.
Option 1: Get local delivery (Guelph, Rockwood, Fergus, Acton, Erin, Hillsburgh and surrounding areas) for a flat fee of $80. Wednesday evenings between 5:00pm – 7:00pm.
Option 2: Save on delivery cost and choose a pick up day at the farm. Wednesday evenings between 5:00pm- 7:30pm or Saturday between 10:30am-12pm.
- What do I get? The box contains 8-12 seasonal selection of vegetables (feeds about 2-4 people). Boxes may be lighter in early spring compared to the fall harvest, and weather may play a factor. Items will vary depending on what’s in season. We will always ensure you get the full value of your box.
- Why do I have to pay all upfront? CSA is a special model of business for farmers and people looking for fresh organic produce. Essentially, you are investing in us directly to be able to buy our seeds, tools, labour and other upfront costs of farming, and in return you are subscribing to the weekly seasonal harvest. With the CSA model, customers are able to receive the best, fresh, organic vegetables directly from the source.
- What if I’m on vacation? Just let us know ahead of time and we can organize an earlier or later pick up.
- What if I don’t like certain types of vegetables? The CSA model supports harvest of seasonal vegetables and we are not able to fully customize your box. But if you have allergies, or simply don’t like certain types of vegetables, let us know ahead of time (up to two vegetables), and we’ll try our best to fill your box with other seasonal vegetables of similar value.
- Where do you deliver? Currently we deliver locally from our farm, so Guelph, Rockwood, Fergus, Acton, Erin, Hillsburgh and surrounding areas. There is a nominal fee of $80 for local delivery. Some extended areas may cost extra for delivery. Please inquire about your delivery zone and pricing. Delivery day is Wednesday evenings between 5pm – 7pm. Pick up is free! (Wednesday evenings from 5:30pm- 7:30pm or Saturday’s from 4pm-6pm)
- Do you have Eggs? We have amazing pasture-raised chicken eggs, but they are in high demand. Only a limited number of Egg Shares are available for the 2021 Season. You can still buy our amazing pastured eggs at our roadside honour system egg shack (first come, first served basis)
- Can I visit? – Hopefully! When we are able to have visitors, we will have an open Farm Day towards the end of the CSA (late Sept or early October) where we will invite all members to come to the farm to see where and how the veggies grow, come check out the chickens and cows and meet the farmers.
How We Farm
We believe in regenerative farming methods that rebuild the soil and allow the farm to become naturally more productive over time. We view nature as our partner and only choose farming practices that enhance the farm ecosystem as a whole. We feel honoured to be farming in sync with nature growing food that is healthy for us and giving all the animals that call our farm home the life they deserve.
✔ No Pesticides – We manually weed with hand tools, use crop rotation and insect row covers to fight pests.
✔ No Herbicides – Our chickens run through the garden to eat the weed seeds, bugs and fertilize the soil.
Quality Guarantee: If you are not 100% satisfied with the veg and/or eggs we will return your money back or offer a fresh replacement of the product.
Response to Covid-19: Winterhill Farm & Garden are committed to continue to help feed our community and are using proactive measures for everyone’s health and safety.
email@example.com | 519-215-3191 | 5807 Fourth Line Eramosa, Rockwood, Ontario