Farm Fresh Organically-Grown Vegetable Boxes
CSA Shares are now sold out for 2021!
Thank you to our members and stay tuned for updates on market days at our farm!
*Call for volunteers – We’re looking for people (18+) for the afternoons any day of the week Monday to Friday. All our volunteers come in the morning on harvest day. All volunteers get to take a share of vegetables home each week, shift is 4 hours, 1pm-5pm.
What is a CSA?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. When you join our CSA membership, you’re signing on at the beginning of growing season and in return for your investment, you get a share of the crops each week for 18 weeks. You can request local delivery for a fee (Delivered Wednesdays) or visit us at the farm and pick up for free (Wednesday and Saturday).
How does it work?
Our season begins Approximately June until mid October (18 weeks). Exact dates will be confirmed closer to date. Each week, you will receive a variety of freshly hand-picked vegetables from our family farm where we use organic practices to grow our crop. The weekly box full share contains 8-10 seasonal selection of vegetables (feeds about 3-4 people). The 1/2 share contains 4-5 seasonal veggies (feeds about 1 to 2 people) . Contents of each box will vary depending on what’s in season at the time of picking.
What’s In the Box?
These are some of the vegetables in season we grow at our farm you may receive in your box. Here is a Foodland guide that shows what crops are generally in season – Ontario Crop Calendar . We will be sending a weekly update on Mondays letting you know what will be harvested that week so you can plan around it.
Carrots, Beets, Onions (yellow, red & spring), garlic, kale, swiss chard, beans, pea’s, cucumbers, peppers, zucchini, tomatoes (Roma, Heirloom and Cherry), lettuces (mesclun salad mix, lettuce heads, romaine), cauliflower, broccoli, squashes, bok choy, kohlrabi, radishes, turnips, leeks, spinach, eggplant and herbs (basil, dill, oregano, parsley, mint & cilantro)
- Full share (8-10 vegetables) is $540 for 18 weeks. ($30/box)
- Half share (4-5 vegetables) is $306 for 18 weeks. ($17/box)
We require a full payment or $100 non-refundable deposit and the remaining balance due in 30 days. For Local Delivery (Guelph, Rockwood, Fergus, Erin, Orangeville, Hillsburgh and surrounding areas) add $126 for the season ($7/week). We deliver to some extended areas for an extra fee. Please inquire about your delivery zone price. Pick ups are free.
Option 1: Get local delivery (Guelph, Rockwood, Fergus, Acton, Erin, Orangeville, Hillsburgh and surrounding areas) for a flat fee of $126 + hst. Wednesday evenings between 5:00pm – 7:00pm.
Volunteer Spaces are Open!
Volunteer on the farm and work side by side with Winterhill Farm & Garden Farmers to grow food that goes directly towards reducing food insecurity.
- Volunteer shifts are any day of the week between Monday-Friday at Winterhill Farm & Garden.
- All volunteers should be 18 years of age or older.
- Regular attendance is important as Winterhill Farm & Garden will be relying on your work.
- Volunteers who work 1 shift a week will get to take a full share box of fresh organic veggies home with them when their shift ends.
- What do I get per box? The full share box contains 8-10 seasonal selection of vegetables (feeds about 2-4 people). The half share box includes 4 to 5 veggies (feeds 1 to 2 people) boxes may be lighter in early spring compared to the fall harvest, and weather may play a factor. Items will vary depending on what’s in season. We will always ensure you get the full value of your box.
- Why do I have to pay all upfront? CSA is a special model of business for farmers and people looking for fresh organic produce. Essentially, you are investing in us directly to be able to buy our seeds, tools, labour and other upfront costs of farming, and in return you are subscribing to the weekly seasonal harvest. With the CSA model, customers are able to receive the best, fresh, organic vegetables directly from the source.
- What if I’m on vacation? Just let us know ahead of time and we can organize an earlier or later pick up.
- What if I don’t like certain types of vegetables? The CSA model supports harvest of seasonal vegetables and we are not able to fully customize your box. But if you have allergies, or simply don’t like certain types of vegetables, let us know ahead of time (up to two vegetables), and we’ll try our best to fill your box with other seasonal vegetables of similar value.
- Where do you deliver? Currently we deliver locally from our farm, so Guelph, Rockwood, Fergus, Acton, Erin, Hillsburgh and surrounding areas. There is a nominal fee of $126 + hst for local delivery. Some extended areas may cost extra for delivery. Please inquire about your delivery zone and pricing. Delivery day is Wednesday evenings between 5pm – 7pm. Pick up is free! (Wednesday evenings from 5:30pm- 7:30pm or Saturday’s from 4pm-6pm)
- Can I add on Eggs? We have amazing pasture-raised chicken eggs, but they are in high demand. Our CSA egg shares are filled up but we will have some available at our roadside shack. Eggs will be available on a pay as you go basis after September 6th. When the nights get colder, the birds grow more feathers so the egg production takes a dip, and we cannot guarantee availability. You can still buy our amazing pastured eggs at our roadside honour system egg shack (first come, first served basis)
- Can I visit? Hopefully! When we are able to have visitors, we will have an open Farm Day towards the end of the CSA (late Sept or early October) where we will invite all members to come to the farm to see where and how the veggies grow, come check out the chickens and cows and meet the farmers.
- Can I volunteer? We’d love your help on the farm (while adhering to Covid-lockdown/quarantine rules at the time) and in return you can receive a box of vegetables for the week. We’re looking for any day of the week (Mon-Friday) between 1-5pm. Get in touch!
How We Farm
We believe in regenerative farming methods that rebuild the soil and allow the farm to become naturally more productive over time. We view nature as our partner and only choose farming practices that enhance the farm ecosystem as a whole. We feel honoured to be farming in sync with nature growing food that is healthy for us and giving all the animals that call our farm home the life they deserve.
✔ No Pesticides – We manually weed with hand tools, use crop rotation and insect row covers to fight pests.
✔ No Herbicides – Our chickens run through the garden to eat the weed seeds, bugs and fertilize the soil.
Quality Guarantee: If you are not 100% satisfied with the veg and/or eggs we will return your money back or offer a fresh replacement of the product.
Response to Covid-19: Winterhill Farm & Garden are committed to continue to help feed our community and are using proactive measures for everyone’s health and safety.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 519-215-3191 | 5807 Fourth Line Eramosa, Rockwood, Ontario