Farm Fresh Organic Vegetable Delivery
2020 Season Shares Now SOLD OUT
✔ No Pesticides ✔ No Herbicides
When you join a Farm Share, you are getting to know your farmer and where your food comes from.
Our shares are sold out for the 2020 season, but join our Waitlist to be notified if there’s an opening, and to get first dibs next season!
What is CSA? CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. When you join our CSA, you’re signing on at the beginning of growing season and in return for your investment, you get a share of the crops each week for 16 weeks. You can request local delivery for a fee or visit us at the farm and pick up for free. We have limited number of CSA Farm Share spots available so get in touch today and sign up for your share.
How does it work?
We harvest our organic produce from July to mid-October (16 weeks). Each week, you will receive a variety of freshly picked vegetables from our family farm where we use organic practices to grow our crop. You pay a one time fee for the season, and you are set to receive a weekly box containing 8-12 seasonal selection of vegetables (feeds about 2-4 people). Contents of each box will vary depending on what’s in season at the time of picking. See below for Delivery options.
What’s In the Box?
The box contains 8-12 seasonal selection of vegetables. These are some of the vegetables in season you may receive in your box in these months.
- July – tomatoes, radishes, salad mix, carrots, beets, zucchini, green onions, cilantro, romaine, cucumbers, kale, arugula, garlic, mint
- August – tomatoes, radishes, salad mix, carrots, beets, summer squash, basil, carrots, beans, green onions, cucumbers, lettuce, peppers, cherry tomatoes, swiss chard
- September – tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, basil, turnips, salad mix, carrots, spinach, beets, kale
- October – salad mix, lettuce, spinach, carrots, beets, leeks, brussel sprouts, kale, turnips
Farm to Door Delivery
Option 1: Get local delivery (Guelph, Rockwood, Acton, Fergus, Erin, Hillsburgh and surrounding areas) for a flat fee of $80. Wednesday evenings between 5pm – 7pm.
Option 2: Save on delivery cost and choose a pick up day at the farm. Wednesday evenings from 5:00pm- 7:30pm or Saturday’s from 10:30am-12pm.
The cost of a CSA farm share is $480 for the season which lasts 16 weeks. It works out to $30/box. We require a full payment or $100 non-refundable deposit and the remaining balance of $380 due in 30 days. For Local Delivery (Guelph, Rockwood, Acton, Fergus, Erin, Hillsburgh and surrounding areas) add $80 for the season. Pick ups are free.
- What do I get? The box contains 8-12 seasonal selection of vegetables (feeds about 2-4 people). Boxes may be lighter in early spring compared to the fall harvest, and weather may play a factor. Items will vary depending on what’s in season. We will always ensure you get the full value of your box.
- Why do I have to pay all upfront? CSA is a special model of business for farmers and people looking for fresh organic produce. Essentially, you are investing in us directly to be able to buy our seeds, tools, labour and other upfront costs of farming, and in return you are subscribing to the weekly seasonal harvest. With the CSA model, customers are able to receive the best, fresh, organic vegetables directly from the source.
- What if I’m on vacation? Just let us know ahead of time and we can organize an earlier or later pick up.
- What if I don’t like certain types of vegetables? The CSA model supports harvest of seasonal vegetables and we are not able to fully customize your box. But if you have allergies, or simply don’t like certain types of vegetables, let us know ahead of time, and we’ll try our best to fill your box with other seasonal vegetables of similar value.
- Where do you deliver? Currently we deliver locally from our farm, so Guelph, Rockwood, Acton, Fergus, Erin, Hillsburgh and surrounding areas are in our delivery zone. We do charge a nominal fee of $80 for the 2020 season. Delivery day is Wednesday evenings between 5pm – 7pm. Pick up is free! (Wednesday evenings from 5:30pm- 7:30pm or Saturday’s from 4pm-6pm)
- Can I also buy Eggs? Egg Shares are SOLD OUT for the 2020 season. You can still buy our amazing pastured eggs at our roadside honour system egg shack (first come, first served basis)
How We Farm
We believe in regenerative farming methods that rebuild the soil and allow the farm to become naturally more productive over time. We view nature as our partner and only choose farming practices that enhance the farm ecosystem as a whole. We feel honoured to be farming in sync with nature growing food that is healthy for us and giving all the animals that call our farm home the life they deserve.
✔ No Pesticides – We manually weed with hand tools, use crop rotation and insect row covers to fight pests.
✔ No Herbicides – Our chickens run through the garden to eat the weed seeds, bugs and fertilize the soil.
Quality Guarantee: If you are not 100% satisfied with the veg and/or eggs we will return your money back or offer a fresh replacement of the product.
Response to Covid-19: Winterhill Farm & Garden are committed to continue to help feed our community and are using proactive measures for everyone’s health and safety.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 519-215-3191 | 5807 Fourth Line Eramosa, Rockwood, Ontario